Bet on Horse Racing Offshore in the US at the Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
Horse Racing is one of the most popular and historic sports on the planet and seen by many as the perfect sport to place a wager on – gambling and horse racing almost go hand in hand. Offshore horse racing betting is a good option for many bettors in the US, with sites such as Bovada and BetOnline providing a comprehensive service. Featuring both domestic and international meetings, a full range of bets are offered to customers in the US.
This guide to offshore horse racing betting begins by detailing the sign up offers and promotions you can enjoy at the leading sites. Next the full range of horse racing coverage is explained, before taking a close look at all of the betting options you’ll find available. The guide ends by listing the available deposit options, before finishing with a look at the other services offered by Bovada and BetOnline.
Offshore Horse Racing Welcome Bonuses
At Bovada there are a pair of welcome bonuses. The first ‘$250 Sports Welcome Bonus’ is open to all. This comes in the form of a 50% deposit bonus, meaning if you deposit $100, you’ll receive $50 in bonus funds (the maximum bonus you can be awarded is $250, when depositing $500). This bonus has a 5x rollover, meaning you’ll need to wager the deposit and bonus amount combined a total of 5 times for the bonus to be cleared (the bonus can also be used at the sportsbook and the casino, although the casino has a 30x rollover).
If you deposit using Bitcoin, you can enjoy an increased 75% deposit bonus up to $750. Deposit $100 and you’ll enjoy a $75 bonus with the same 5x rollover terms.
When betting on horse racing at Bovada you’ll enjoy a weekly 5% rebate on all winning and losing wagers, paid to your account every Tuesday.
At BetOnline they have a slightly different approach to the welcome bonus, offering you a risk-free bet to open your account. Make your first wager and if it doesn’t win, they’ll reimburse you up to the sum of $25. If your opening bet does indeed lose (hopefully it won’t), simply send an email to freeplay@BetOnline.ag with ‘$25 Horse Free Play’ in the subject of the email, alongside your account number and ticket number, and you’ll be reimbursed within 48 hours. There is a 6x rollover requirement before the free play funds are yours. This is an interesting take on a welcome bonus, where the pressure is off for your first bet – you’re effectively freerolling.
You’ll also enjoy a daily 7% rebate - see www.betonline.com for details!
Horse Racing Coverage at Offshore Sites
Whichever offshore site you use, you’ll find worldwide betting coverage of the very best in horse racing. All of the top tracks in the US feature at the leading sites, alongside special pages dedicated to the biggest races and meetings, including the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes, the Belmont Stakes and the Breeders’ Cup. The betting action intensifies when the Kentucky Derby takes place in early May and will continue at a frenzy if the winner has a winning run in the triple crown events. The Breeders’ Cup, towards the end of the year, is a festival of racing where race after race sees the cream of the horse racing crop appear.
One of the best aspects of these sites is that there is horse racing coverage around the clock too. You can bet on races from countries such as Australia and South Africa, while the biggest races from countries such as the United Kingdom and France feature widely.
Every day, when loading up one of the offshore sites, you’ll see a full itinerary of the upcoming days racing, as well as all of the betting markets available.
Bet Types Available at Offshore Horse Racing Sites
There are a whole range of bet types available at these offshore sites. Here is a rundown of the most popular:
- Win – The most straightforward wager of all, where your selection must win the race for you to win.
- Place – Your chosen selection has to finish 1st or 2nd for the bet to win. You’ll receive a lower pay-out than in the win market.
- Show – Your chosen selection has to finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Once again, the pay-out will usually be slightly lower than in the place market.
- Exacta – Choose the first and second in the correct order for your bet to win.
- Quinella – Like the exacta, although the two selections can finish first and second in either order.
- Trifecta – Choose the first, second and third in the correct order for your bet to win.
- Superfecta – Choose the first, second, third and fourth in the correct order for your bet to win.
- Daily Double – Pick the winners of two consecutive races. Daily Double bets are usually available on the first two races of the day or the last two races of the day.
- Pick 3/Pick 4 – Pick the winners on a succession of races, where all of your selections need to win.
On trifecta and superfecta wagers (above) you have the opportunity of placing a ‘box’ bet, meaning that the selections can finish in any order. A ‘boxed’ trifecta comes at the cost of 6 bets, while a ‘boxed’ superfecta comes at the cost of 12 bets.
Offshore sites will generally offer the latest odds on their pages, although these are ‘indicative’ only. The pay-out you’ll receive is based on the odds when the race starts.
Deposit Options at Offshore Sites
It’s pretty clear from the promotions at both of the leading sites, that cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are the preferred banking options – offering an ease of use when moving money into and out of your account. Here is a list of all the leading deposit options:
- Bitcoin – Head to a Bitcoin exchange and purchase some of the currency, then send your currency to a Bitcoin wallet (this is a straightforward procedure which is explained fully). From the wallet you can transfer funds directly to your racebook account. With the added deposit bonuses when using this currency, it should seriously be considered as your deposit option of choice.
- Other Cryptocurrencies – While Bitcoin is the most well-known of the crypto-currencies, you’ll find a host of other options available, all which work in a similar way. Options at offshore racebooks include Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Zelle and Bitcoin Cash.
- Debit, Credit and Prepaid Cards – A selection of card payments are available at offshore sites, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and more. Some financial institutions won’t allow payments to gambling sites, so there can be problems at times – check with the site itself if you do encounter problems, and they’ll guide you. If purchasing a prepaid card for a deposit, ensure that it is available for international purchases.
- Person to Person Transfers – You can make a deposit via a person to person transfer using companies such as Western Union. Simply select the appropriate supplier under the person to person option and you’ll receive the receiver details (this option is available at BetOnline).
- Money Orders - Money orders are on paper and similar to a check - these are prepaid and can be purchased at convenience stores such as Walmart or at a post office.
- Bank Transfers – There are a two ways of moving funds directly from your bank to an offshore racebook. The first is a wire transfer, where you’ll physically visit the bank or use online banking to request the transfer. The second is a cashier’s check, which is similar to a regular check, except the funds are guaranteed from the bank itself and not the user.
For a super-detailed guide to getting your money onto and off of Bovada, check out my other site (Sit and Go Planet) for this detailed Bovada Deposit Options page.
Other Gambling Options at Bovada and BetOnline
As well as both having a racebook, the rest of your gambling needs are certainly well catered for at each of these sites. Both feature an online casino, where you can enjoy a high-quality range of slots, as well as a selection of the best table games available. Each plays host to a live casino too, where you’ll be betting on real action which is streamed to your device. In addition, each site offers sports betting, where you can wager on a wide range of sporting action, including all of the biggest games from the major sports leagues around the planet. Poker also features at both sites, so if you fancy yourself to be a bit of a shark, try your hand at winning at the tables.
In Summary - Best Offshore Horse Racing Betting Sites
Offshore horse racing betting is a good option for many customers in the US. The available racebooks will offer the full range of betting options on every race, including the classic win, place and show wagers, alongside exotic combinations with higher and exciting pay outs. With both domestic and international betting available, there is racing available almost 24/7, with coverage of the biggest races across the planet. Sites such as BetOnline and Bovada are ideal, as you can switch easily between the sportsbook and the racebook (and the casino and the poker tables too), if you enjoy a nice level of variety in your gambling.
Bovada has the track record, trust and racetrack coverage to make it my go-to for horse racing bets - check out the latest bonuses and promos, and I'm sure you'll agree. See www.bovada.lv for more now!
More Popular Horse Racing Betting Pages: